Wednesday, October 3, 2012

One thing I do not love

Last night, I took Abby (my boxer) out to go potty around 12:30am. It’s around our usual last trip out; I’ve been a night owl lately. As always, when we come back inside I always give a quick glance at the floor inside the door for any leave or bugs that don’t belong there. Always seems to be something that sneaks in under the door. We have a small linoleum area when you first walk in before the stairs lead right up to out apartment to catch those things. As I shut the door, scoot the dog up the stairs, I turn around and see this big black thing. Hrmm, that looks like a big spider. But nahhh, it can’t be. I have not seen anything like that but maybe once in my life here in Upstate, New York. I step up the stairs and look again, it’s not moving but heck yea that’s a huge effing spider!

I probably gave my poor husband a heart attack. He had just gone to bed and I yelled Brrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! It barely came out as by now I was in shock/shake mode. I could barely walk or talk. This isn’t all because of the spider but part of Cataplexy too(caused by Narcolepsy- we’ll talk more about that later). He came running down the hallway and I said Huge… ass… spider… kill…. it. So he looks over the balcony and says ok and walks down the stairs with a paper towel. Sorry dude that sure isn’t going to kill that thing! He realized that as he got closer and was like WOA that’s a huge spider. Really? No crap why do you think I freaked?! Luckily, he saved the day and killed it after a few smacks with a shoe.

See, I’m not normally afraid of spiders at all. This spider was the mother of all spiders. Seriously. Big, fat, hair and nasty! I believe it was a Wolf Spider, something common in the Northeast. It’s a spider that normally dwells outside and low spaces so you don’t see them too often inside. I hope to never see one again! And I’ll spare you all a picture. But I just realized something else….

A friend of mine who lives down near the city had mentioned oh I don’t know a month or 2 ago about a spider she killed. The thing about that spider was that it was big and gross, but when she killed it all these little baby spiders went running. I think it may have been one of these spiders! I just saw a title to a video about female wolf spiders carry their babies on their back! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! I have the heebie geebies now!

Holy Sweet Jesus this is so disgusting I need to share…

No comments:

Post a Comment